The theme for Issue 154 is
Send us your fresh and innovative take on it!
The Mary Blair Award for Art honors exceptional artists’ work across various disciplines. With a prize of $1,000, this award is constantly seeking new and fresh artist perspectives to create a dialogue with our audience. Works can be stand-alone pieces or part of a larger series. Artists may submit up to five (5) pieces per submission.
Please be sure to:
- include your name, address, phone number, and email address with submission
- include available art credits: title, medium, dimensions, year
- ensure submissions are rendered in an easily accessible format such as .jpg
- ensure submissions are at least 300 dpi
- provide a 50-word bio
- make sure your Submittable profile is up-to-date
The contest submission fee is $20, which includes a free copy of the latest edition of Reed. (Please note that submitters with US addresses on file will receive print copies of the journal, whereas those with overseas addresses will receive digital copies.) Multiple submissions are accepted as separate entries. Contest submissions not selected for final judging may still be considered for publication in the magazine. The winner of the Mary Blair Award may have a portfolio of their work featured online or in the journal (as space permits). Contest pieces may be considered for the cover.